There are a lot of cool sites out on the web that are of value to the paddling community. Here are a few that we think are worthy of your attention. The WKCC does not officially endorse or support any of the sites listed here. If you know of a site that you think may be of interest to our members, please contact us.
Safety / Education
River Levels / Ocean Conditions
Email Mailing Lists
White-water -- A forum for discussing paddle sports. No one needs to be a member of the WKCC to join the White-Water List. The White-Water List was, at one time, assumed to belong to the WKCC, although it's always been independent.
- Eugene Kayaker
This has been replaced by Eugene Kayaker Facebook page to communicate with each other, plan trips, and share information.
This Yahoo list has been replaced ty PDXkayaker and PDX Kayaker face book pages for kayakers in the Portland Area to communicate with each other, plan trips, and share information.
- Cascade Canoe (and Kayak) Club
- Salem Whitewater facebook page.
- Southern Oregon Kayakers Facebook Group
- Water Cycle Glossary Of Terms
Definitions of terms related to Earth's water cycle. Thanks Mariah!
- American Whitewater
American Whitewater restores rivers dewatered by hydropower dams, eliminates water degradation, improves public land management and protects public access to rivers for responsible recreational use.
- National Organization for Rivers is a non-profit organization for rivers aimed at restoring the public's rights to navigate, fish, and walk the banks and riverbeds of rivers in the U.S. and educating the public on their rights as river users under federal law.
- River Network
River Network cooperates with hundreds of grassroots organizations around the country to improve the quantity and quality of freshwater that supports all life.
- River Management Society
A network that connects those who work in and in support of rivers.
- WaterWatch of Oregon
WaterWatch of Oregon is a hardworking and effective river conservation organization devoted to restoring and protecting natural flows in Oregon's world-class rivers and streams.
- USA Congress
Source for info on House and Senate bills.
- Outdoor Play
Large online retailer of boating and other outdoor equipment and gear.
- Kayak Academy
Complete kayaking retailer and repair shop with quick certified Kokatat dry suit repair.
- Alder Creek
Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe is a premiere kayak, canoe & stand up paddle store and kayak school in Oregon. They have three locations in Portland, Oregon.
- Peak Sports
Peak Sports has been an independently owned and operated outdoor store and bike shop in Corvallis Oregon since 1972.
Extensive product line and great service.
- Next Adventure Paddle Sports Center
Portland's Alternative Sporting Goods store. New, used, and closeout gear for camping, climbing, kayaking, snow sports, and apparel at great prices.
- Oregon Paddle Sports
Oregon Paddle Sports is a retail/rental store for paddlers. Offering canoes, sea-kayaks and rafts, paddling gear and accessories, training and guided trips. Located in West Eugene area off Bertelsen Rd. between 5th and 6th Ave.
- Northwest Canoe Tour
Canoe/kayak/SUP rentals and instructions at Alton Baker Park (canoe canal) on weekends during the summer.
- UO Outdoor Program
Raft/kayak/SUP and associated gear rentals. Membership required -- see link.
- Redwood Rides
Smith River, Northern California, guided tours
- Riparian Tours, Eugene, OR. guided tours. Randy Turney. randy at ripariantours dot com
- Salem Kayak Rentals,
* The WKCC does not officially endorse or support any of the sites listed here. This is merely a collection of sites that we believe our members may find to be of use or interest. If you know of a site that you think may be of interest to our members, please contact us.