Kayak Roll Sessions in Western Oregon pools updated March 2020*
Here’s a list of the Western Oregon pools that are open for kayak roll practice. These are usually self-lead events where you bring your own gear. There are no formal lessons but other boaters are happy to give tips. It’s a great way to meet other boaters and plan trips. Rinse out your boat before putting in the pool and have fun!!
Call to confirm dates and times especially near holidays. Some pools require that you sign up ahead of time.
Albany Community Pool, kayak roll sessions 2nd & 4th Wednesdays 8-9:30pm. 2150 36th Ave SE, Albany, 541-967-4521
Bend/Redmond area Pool
Cascade Swim Center, kayak roll sessions, monthly Sunday evenings, 5:30-7:30. $5. 2441 SW Canal Blvd, Redmond. 541-526-1847.
1. OSU Dixon Recreation Center Pool, kayak roll sessions Wednesdays 8:00-9:30 pm, 541-737-3748 https://events.oregonstate.edu/event/kayak_roll_sessions_5446
2. Osborn Aquatic Center kayak roll sessions, must sign up ahead of time, 2nd Monday from 8-10pm. $6. 1940 NW Highland Dr, Corvallis. 541-766-7946
Eugene/Springfield area Pools--Call before going
1. Eugene Echo Hollow Pool, CANCELED Pool will be closed one year for remodel starting January 2020. 1655 Echo Hollow Rd., Eugene, 541-682-5525.
2. Eugene Sheldon Pool, starting January 7, 2020 self guided drop-in kayak roll sessions will be held at the Sheldon Pool instead of the Echo Hollow pool. Tuesdays 8:30-10pm. 2443 Willakenzie Rd, Eugene. 541-682-5314. Instruction offered April 7, 14, 21. You'll need to sign up for these instruction classes with City Eugene Rec Guide class #7278. Pool will be closed for self guided practice on these dates if these classes go.
3. UO Student Rec Center pool, must sign up ahead of time for kayak pool sessions with the Outdoor Program 541-346-4365 or 541-346-4371, Wednesdays 8-9:30pm.
4. Willamalane Park Swim Center Mondays from 5:00pm-7:00pm. During the two week, state mandated freeze, the pools will be closed. Click here for more information.
Portland Area Pools
1. Portland Columbia Indoor Pool is open Tuesday and Thursday 8:35-9:45pm for drop in kayak practice. 7701 N. Chautauqua Blvd, Portland. Call for details. 503-823-3669.
2. Vancouver Washington Marshall Pool is open on Saturdays 3-4:30pm for Kayak and paddle board practice. 1009 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Vancouver. Call for details. 360-487-7100.
3. Tualatin Hills Aquatic Center in Beaverton is open occasionally, contact them for details. 503-629-6310
4. Oregon Ocean Paddling Society rents a pool during the winter months. Contact them for details.
5. Alder Creek Kayak and Canoe gives lessons and has pool for rent, $10/hour. Contact them for details.
6. Clackamas Aquatic Center Wave Pool Classes over until Fall 2020. Check with Oregon Kayak & Canoe Club for details. okcc.org
Salem Kroc Aquatic Center pool kayak roll sessons Fridays 11-1pm & most Wednesdays starting at either 8:30 or 9pm. Better call to confirm times and dates.
The Salvation Army Ray & Joan KROC Corps Community Center
1865 Bill Frey Dr. NE, Salem. 503-566-5762
* These are the published times as of the last edit. Please alert the website folks from the Contact Us page if you learn of any updates. And let us know if you'd like to volunteer to maintain this page -- we'd greatly appreciate your help!