Kayak Roll Sessions in Willamette Valley updated November 2018*
Here’s a list of the Willamette Valley pools that are open for kayak roll practice. These are usually self-lead events where you bring your own gear. There are no formal lessons but other boaters are happy to give tips. It’s a great way to meet other boaters and plan trips. Rinse out your boat before putting in the pool and have fun!!
Call to confirm dates and times especially near holidays. Some pools require that you sign up ahead of time.
Albany Community Pool, kayak roll sessions 2nd & 4th Wednesdays 8-9:30pm
2150 36th Ave SE, Albany, 541-967-4521
1. OSU Dixon Recreation Center Pool, kayak roll sessions Wednesdays 8:00-930 pm, 541-737-3748 https://events.oregonstate.edu/event/kayak_roll_sessions_5446
2. Osborn Aquatic Center kayak roll sessions, must sign up ahead of time, 2nd Monday from 8-10pm. $6. 1940 NW Highland Dr, Corvallis. 541-766-7946
1. Eugene Echo Hollow Pool, kayak roll sessions Thursdays 8:30-10pm. $5.
1655 Echo Hollow Rd., Eugene, 541-682-5525. Boats sometimes available for rent call 541-682-5329 for details.
2. UO Student Rec Center pool, must sign up ahead of time for kayak pool sessions with the Outdoor Program 541-346-4365 or 541-346-4371, Wednesdays 8-9:30pm.
Portland Area Pools
1. Portland Columbia Indoor Pool is open Tuesday and Thursday 8:35-9:45pm for drop in kayak practice. 7701 N. Chautauqua Blvd, Portland. Call for details. 503-823-3669.
2. Vancouver Washington Marshall Pool is open on Saturdays 3-4:30pm for Kayak and paddle board practice. 1009 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Vancouver. Call for details. 360-487-7100.
Salem Kroc Aquatic Center pool kayak roll sessons Fridays 11-1pm & most Wednesdays starting at either 8:30 or 9pm. Better call to confirm times and dates.
The Salvation Army Ray & Joan KROC Corps Community Center
1865 Bill Frey Dr. NE, Salem. 503-566-5762
Willamalane has two nice big pools but neither are open on a regular basis for kayak roll practice.
* These are the published times as of the last edit. Please alert the website folks from the Contact Us page if you learn of any updates. And let us know if you'd like to volunteer to maintain this page -- we'd greatly appreciate your help!